I organized and facilitated a public speaking workshop in this summer (Aug, 7th, 2015) at LT media lab at St Paul campus in UMN. Thanks to my toastmaster friends – Char, Cassie, Devlin, Pam, my colleagues – Bodong, Fei, Hui, Lana, Kristina, and other participants.
- Introduce yourself by 3 statements: 2 truths and 1 lie (or wish)
- Try to integrate these 3 statements into a short story
- In pairs, tell your partner a good and a not-so-good experience on public speaking
- Change partners, tell the same story focusing on the opening and ending
- Four toastmasters showcase speeches on the academic presentation (by Cassie), storytelling (by Pam), the public speaking training process (by Char), the personal story on public speaking (by Devlin) etc.
- Share take-aways